– a highly sustainable office, life-sciences/biotech and retail campus – is mere blocks from Amazon.com’s new world headquarters in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood. The flagship of The Blume Company’s portfolio, Yale Campus is inspired by the work of legendary urban theorist, author and activist Jane Jacobs, who revolutionized urban planning by encouraging the creation of vibrant, human-scaled places.
Designed by NBBJ
, Yale Campus will be knit together by a series of plazas and linked by Yale Avenue North, a green street with the innovative Swale on Yale. This bioswale filters sediment out of stormwater before it reaches Lake Union. Tenants and visitors will be able to see and touch other sustainable solutions, including:
- Seattle’s first woonerf.
- Green roofs and roof decks.
- Energy- and water-conservation strategies.
- Exterior sun-control devices.
- Abundant daylighting.
- Operable windows.
Yale Campus North
Yale Campus North is composed of a new seven-story Class A office building, 624 Yale, with ground-floor retail. This 220,000-square-foot building connects to two existing buildings, 617 Eastlake and 1260 Mercer, which total 201,000 square feet. The Blume Company developed 617 Eastlake for McCaw Cellular, a telecommunications pioneer. 1260 Mercer was developed for another high-tech trailblazer, Onvia.com.
Yale Campus South
Yale Campus South, which totals 355,000 square feet, will have three new Class A office buildings with ground-floor retail, a conference center and a concierge. The four-story buildings – 550 Pontius, 525 Yale and 575 Yale – will feature varying floor plates and distinctive architectural details. The buildings will grace an expansive plaza with walkways that connect the surrounding neighborhood.
Yale Campus North and South Corner of Yale Avenue North and Mercer Street Seattle
- 746,000 square feet of office
- 30,000 square feet of retail
- Views of the Space Needle, Lake Union and the Olympic Mountains
- Proximity to Metro transit and the South Lake Union Streetcar
- Walking distance to Lake Union Park and the new Lake Union loop trail
- Near REI and other great shopping
- Bike storage
- Locker rooms
- Conference center
- Concierge services
- Easy access to I-5
- Underground parking for 1,655 vehicles